Saturday, April 28, 2012

Petunias and Irises


My front garden is making neighbors stop and look.  Every morning, before dawn, I sit on the front porch and just stare, wondering what has budded up and will bloom when the sun rises.  
What makes us happier than flowers in the garden?

We plant petunias in the fall down here in New Orleans.  I usually put them in in November when the temps are beginning to cool a bit.  The petunias grow strong roots during the winter and spring into bloom in the spring.  Like now.  When they are at their spring best, the irises join them.



My pond book was published in February 2012 and remains on Amazon's best seller list - landscape.  In it, I not only show how to build ponds and waterfalls, but answer questions I have gotten over the years.  For a few days, you can get it for $.99, then the price is going to increase. You can get it here
Look for this as the cover:


And since you are starting spring prep for your pond, join us at Pondlady.com where we solve pond problems and see others' designs.

No comments: