Friday, April 27, 2012

Bluebird



We have a bluebird nesting box at the end of our driveway.  Every spring a pair of them arrive at the box and settle in.  I have no idea if it is the same pair or not, but I want to believe that it is.  Probably isn't tho.  Oh well, we welcome them each spring.  

Our garden, in fact the entire acre we live on, is organic. No pesticide has ever touched it in the 7 years we have lived here. I think that accounts for the amazing variety of wildlife that lives here. This morning, I saw red headed woodpeckers along with bluejays checking out food possibilities on the ground.  And hummers were investigating hydrangeas and daylilies. I am never fast enough to get a good hummer shot.






Don't forget to buy my pond how-to Book . The 99 cent sale is ending in a couple of days.


http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guide-Building-Caring-ebook/dp/B00785EXXA/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329153290&sr=1-2 

And at my website, find experts in all phases of pond building and maintenance.  We have fun with our pond stories.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your site always has great ideas and beautiful pictures! I love blue birds but don't see them often enough. ty for posting :)