Saturday, August 14, 2010

Foamy water

How to get rid of foam in a Koi pond?
I have 1000gal pond that has been very clear for a long time. for the last few months, It is not as clear and has started getting foam on the surface. I use the same pump, uv bulb and pressure filter. I changed the uv bulb, but no better.


Answer:
Several things can cause that. Excess protein, fish mating. It will go away in a few days on its own. It won't hurt anything, so don't worry.


To find more pond information, go to pondlady.com

3 comments:

Fish Pond Repair said...

I am also facing the same problem for last two weeks.My pond water is not much clear as month before. I want to see your pond. I am worried about my pond. Can you share your foamy pond pics with us? I want to compare your pond's foam with my own pond.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You can find a photo here:
http://www.pondlady.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=314

It will go away on its own. You can check the pH if you like. It might be a bit high. If so, add vinegar and regulate it that way.
At my website: www.pondlady.com, there is a thread about foamy water where you can get more answers.