Friday, August 20, 2010

Fencing off the pond

What material should I use to make a fence around the pond?
I need to build a fence around a pond in my garden. The kidney-shaped duck pond is quite large. I need to do this so that my dog(labrador) and cat don't disturb the ducks. 

points to note:-
I live in a place where we have hot, cold and wet weather - all for about 4 months each.
The garden's soil is a hideout for ants and termites - so wooden fence is out of the question.
The dog is pretty naughty so the material should be a bit heavy else he will tear it down.
The pond is under the shade of the mango tree.
The fence should be such that the ducks and pond is not hidden from our view.
Please consider the cost factor as well. It shouldn't be too expensive and I know the metal fence would be.

  • Answer:

    A chain link fence is about the cheapest you can find. Vinyl can work, but it is probably the most expensive. You could try an electric invisible fence. http://www.invisibleelectricdogfence.com…
  • That would fill all your needs.

No comments: