Friday, August 04, 2006

Rainy day

And the rain arrived just in time to give my new plants a good soaking. I have a quasi pond in the front yard...a cobalt blue pot with water entering a hole at the bottom and flowing over the top. It is gorgeous, but without plants around it, it was naught but a rock pile. So now there are 2 philodendron selloum, 3 canna lilies, 3 vareigated sweet flag, 3 dwarf oleanders, a crape myrtle and nearby, 3 Knock Out roses and butterfly plants, not buddleia, but not milkweed either. Monarchs love them and eat them down to their stems. I never liked roses until I found Knock Out roses; they changed my mind. They do well here in our hot, humid climate and it seems as if they never stop blooming. I shall have pics tomorrow if the rain stops. Oh, and I put my trademark bench near the pot...a large rock perched atop two blocky rocks. Not too comfy, but from afar it looks like magic.

Jan, your erstwhile pondlady

No comments: