Thursday, August 03, 2006

Questions with no answers

After 17 years in this business, there are questions that stand out. Remember when a teacher told you there is no such thing as a dumb question. That teacher was wrong wrong wrong.

Here's two questions I have gotten, and not just once either, but several times.

The only answer is a silent look and a quick change of subject. And sometimes a biting of the tongue to stave off gales of laughter.

Customer: " Jan, my pump is running slower and slower. I have several houseguests and wonder if it is because they flush the toilets more?"

Jan has no answer.

Customer: "Jan, my water level is dropping about an inch a day. I think I know why tho. My dog drinks out of the pond. Could that be it?

Jan has no answer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol thats so funny! Dumb questions are funny.

Unknown said...

After I have made the announcement that there are no dumb questions and I hear one like these, I want to say, "That is the dumbest question I have ever heard."