Friday, October 12, 2012

Moving is a Mess

I am still moving to Arkansas.  Seems like it's taking forever. Maybe because it is.  One more trip and lots of craigslist postings/garage sales, freecycle and I hope to be here for good.
Let's see what's been happening beside moving.  I turned 71.  All this physical activity drives that home.

Garlic is in the ground here.  I am in Arkansas for at least another month to 6 weeks until the next trip.  So I planted garlic. I'm told the deer will not eat it this winter.  Crimson clover is coming up down by the pond. (Isn't there a song named Crimson and Clover?  Those words sound good together, don't they?)  Just seeded that a few days ago. That is for the deer to eat come winter.

I am also hoping that the deer realize that they cannot be shot while on my 6.5 acres, so they come here for safety during this hunting season.  Guns boom at all hours around here this time of year.

Reducing the stuff that was in a 3000 sf house so it fits in a 1300 sf house is not a job for the faint of heart.

While you are waiting for the blog to start or winter to be over, buy my book and read my website.


Visit my website at pondlady.com.  Visit us with your pond questions or just to show off your pond.


I talk about seasonal pond care in my book as well. You can buy it by clicking below.
A Practical Guide to Building and Maintaining your Pond, available here http://ow.ly/btFJQ

No comments: