Friday, June 01, 2012

Make a Water Rock Birdbath

I am in Stone County, Arkansas and it lives up to its name.

These were found just outside the back door.

And will be put in this, which I did not find outside the back door.


Along with these, I have special rocks given to me by a friend.  Note they have holes in them.  
Holes that I can put a piece of clear 1/2" tubing through and attach the tubing to a 300 gph pump



I will artfully arrange the rocks inside the tub (It's a small one) and by tomorrow, will have a tub full of water and wet rocks.

Why on earth would I want to do that?

Birds will bathe in it and drink from it and generally have a ball in it.

Pics when I am finished.

Total cost: less than $70.00 and 50 of that was the pump.

To read tips and ideas like this, read my book, "A Practical Guide to Building and Maintaining your Pond".  Download it at Amazon.com or any ebook site.

And visit my website at pondlady.com

No comments: