Sunday, May 23, 2010

Snail Eggs?

Question:

What are the clear eggs on a lily pad leaf in my pond?
I have a container pond in my back yard. I have pretty recently redone it. there are 5 goldfish, and a couple of frog tadpoles. I have water mint, another flowering plant and a pond lily, along with a few floating plants. I was looking at my lily, and under one of the pads there are two "strips" of clear eggs on the back of the leaf. I am sure one of the plants or something could have laid eggs there, but the goldfish are far to young for this. The only thing I could find on the internet was maybe snail eggs, but the pictures really didn't seem to fit. Any other ideas? What would be natural to Northern California?


Answer:

They are probably snail eggs if they are in strips. Snail eggs look like a clear jelly on lily leaves.

No comments: