Each year somewhere around my birthday, I have a look back at my ever increasing years and write down things about myself that seem important, at least at the time
1) I cannot seem to recover from PTSD following the loss of our house in Hurricane Katrina even if it has been 7 years.
2) I once took a year long motorcycle trip and visited every national park in the US.
3) I am so glad I did so much traveling when I was young and could enjoy it more.
4) I spent so much time in church as a youngster, I said I would never ever set foot in one again and haven't
5) I spent years studying organized religion and realized that it is a huge power trip by the leaders who want only power and control over many. National politics is much the same.
6) I am very spiritual, knowing that we are all part of the same natural web of life. I find myself and all others in nature.
7) I am probably the shyest person on earth.
8) I am completely at ease with a microphone in my hand standing in front of 10,000 people.
9) I question everything. Always have and always will. It got me in lots of trouble and still does.
10) I love learning and never want to stop.
11) I read drug store trash novels.
12) Motorcycles mean freedom to me.
13) I only worked to feed my travel addiction.
14) Retirement is OK, but getting on a ladder or picking up something heavy is much harder to do.
15) Surviving Katrina was the hardest thing I ever did. No, quitting smoking was the hardest thing I ever did. Surviving Katrina was the second hardest thing.
16) When I came out, the whole world suddenly came clear.
17) I think swimming is staying alive in the water, but I loved to water ski.
18) Sailing is a great way to spend any amount of time.
19) I rarely leave the house without a camera, but am not a great photographer and it's time I accepted that.
20) I am a hack writer. Most all writers are better than I am, but I still keep grinding out words.
21) Everything I have done in my life to make a living was a success.
22) I was 48 years old before I found my passion and earned a living at it.
23) The politicians of the United States are owned by corporations. Their running of the government is only an attempt to keep their jobs.
24) I think my great-nephew is a cool kid.
25) I just moved to Arkansas to my dream house. This house and land makes retirement fantastic.
Visit my website at pondlady.com. Visit us with your pond questions or just to show off your pond.
A Practical Guide to Building and Maintaining your Pond, available here http://ow.ly/btFJQ